01 Apr Senior Compliance Administrator
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Sector: Administration, Compliance/Risk/Internal Audit
Alexander Daniels Offshore is working with a business based in Jersey to recruit a Senior Compliance Administrator.
- Organise own workload to ensure that compliance monitoring reviews are undertaken in accordance with the required timeframes;
- Take ownership of allocated tests within the Compliance Monitoring Programme (CMP);
- Liaise with the business where required following the results of the CMP test and document any queries raised and ensuring that employees are requested to respond to the monitoring queries in time to allow the Senior Manager to review;
- Be able to identify any perceived risks to the business highlighted by the CMP, and communicate these to the Senior Manager or Compliance Officer/Money Laundering Compliance Officer;
- Undertake ad-hoc/Themed Compliance Reviews;
- Assist with ad-hoc compliance matters including but not limited to regulatory matters as they arise;
- Assist with the monitoring of internal policies and procedures to identify whether they are being consistently and effectively adhered to;
- Assess and recommend amendments to internal systems and controls as well as policies and procedures to facilitate compliance with the regulatory framework; and
- Where appropriate, assist with instigating action to remedy any deficiencies in the compliance arrangements.
- Assist with the monitoring of compliance with legislation in Jersey relating to Money Laundering and financing of terrorism and the AML / CFT Codes of Practice issued under the Supervisory Bodies Law;
- Assist with monitoring to establish whether the enactments in Jersey relating to Money Laundering and the Financing of Terrorism and AML / CFT Codes of Practice are being complied with; and
- Assist with the monitoring and testing of compliance with systems and controls (including policies and procedures) in place to prevent and detect money laundering and financing of terrorism.
- Monitor the Compliance email inbox to ensure tasks are allocated and dealt with in a timely manner;
- Assist with the Jersey Financial Services Commission (“JFSC”) regulatory annual fees process;
- Maintain the Compliance Team meeting documentation, taking minutes and updating the sanctions arising log;
- Maintain the Compliance Team Procedures;
- Collation of supporting statistical information when required from time to time; and
- Be able to assist other team members where required;
- Assist with the reviewing of the work of other team members;
- Contribute to the development of and provide training to the other members of the Compliance Team; and
- Assist with the implementation and maintain the Internal Compliance Induction Training Programme.
Skills and Experience:
- You will have good understanding of Jersey’s financial regulations and AML/CFT Framework and have at least 3 to 4 years’ experience with performing Compliance / AML / CFT roles within a regulated financial services business.
- Will either hold or be willing to work towards a relevant compliance qualification.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Be well organised;
- Have the flexibility and adaptability to undertake a variety of tasks at short notice if required;
- Self-motivated and capable of prioritising workloads as required;
- Be proactive in your approach
Category | Compliance, Risk, Internal Audit / Administration
Level | Mid
Type | Permanent
Ref Number | AD-JSY-2418